i’m heading out a little early today to pick up ac and drive down to the jersey shore for the weekend (here’s hoping it doesn’t rain all weekend). but before i go i wanted to end the week with an incredible project from , and french photographer .
is an international paper company that decided to celebrate the launch of it’s new paper range, “curious collection”, with the help of trend forecaster li edelkoort and photographer gregoire alexandre. gregoire created a seriously that was designed to portray the creativity behind the papers. all i know is, they certainly make me look at paper in a different way. can you imagine what advertisements would look like if all companies thought this creatively about what their products could become? i’d love to see supply companies that make straws, cups, bags and other basics approach promotion this way- perhaps teaming up with people from ‘s visual display team, or the visual merchandisers at a store like . the possibilities are endless.
on that note, i’m closing my laptop and will wish everyone a happy weekend! stay tuned next week for a gorgeous series of sneak peeks, a fun terrarium how-to video with and much, much more. see you monday!
- must-read posts of the week: lydia’s embroidered headboard, the yellow kitchen of my dreams
- biz ladies 09: free software for small business owners
- shows: vera at anthropologie
- sneak peeks: elephant props, basak of small square design, morgan satterfield, delphine, dave and surya
- diy projects: lauren and derek’s postcard journals, kate’s sprouting shelf, lydia’s embroidered headboard, erica’s tote bag pillows
- before & afters: barb’s knack nursery makeover, pierce and ashley’s bathroom, amy’s straw chair, kati’s dining room and dominique’s hall, lucie’s cabinet and heather’s living room
- misc: la dolce luce (photographs by jen altman), porcelain ice cream cones, unique boutonnieres by fritts rosenow, new textiles from three sheets 2 the wind, cards from we collective, ceramics by natalia gamez, h figures by olivia mew, porcelain skulls by beetle and flor, reiko kaneko’s table and disco light, floral stationery by claire nereim, flowers by studio choo, caitlin moran interiors, yellow dream kitchen
- new d*s guest blogger: posts and great DIY projects from haylie waring!