i’ve been on a mission to bring more green things into my home – growing more plants and visiting my local flower shop more often! even though it’s been a trend for a while, i still can’t get enough of science-y stuff (beakers, test tubes, etc.) in the home. so for this simple project, i used test tubes to create little bud vases – perfect for the delicate jasmine that just came into the flower shop this morning. spring is on the way! –amy a.
CLICK HERE for the complete project instructions!
- wood stain
- block of wood – i used a simple 4×4 cut into a 10 inch block (but a piece of found wood or driftwood would be equally awesome!)
- electric drill
- wood boring bit – my bit was 5/8″ for standard size test tube (i just brought the test tube to the hardware store and they helped size it)
- You want to start by drilling the holes for your test tubes using a boring bit. I evenly spaced out three holes but you could just as easily include more test tubes or use a smaller block of wood for a single test tube.
- If you’re using a new piece of wood, you’ll want to stain it. I chose a dark stain and applied according the instructions.
- Now it’s all a matter of assembly! Test tubes in the wood! Flowers in the test tubes!