This has been a week of such happiness, good news and exciting new things that I couldn’t resist ending with another happy day: the wedding of two designers in California. and Nick met at The Art Institute; he was studying game design, and she was focusing on graphic design. After meeting at a friend’s poker night they clicked, and Nick proposed during a (he even made her a ).
For the big day, Danni and Nick chose to get married on their five-year anniversary of dating at a park in Fullerton, California, where they had their first date. What I love so much about their is that they actually reversed their wedding schedule to have the reception first because they wanted to get married at sunset. So at 4pm, guests gathered and everyone shared a picnic basket lunch together. Blankets were laid on the ground and everyone was able to pick up delicious wrapped food and eat together in the sun. I think it’s such a sweet and romantic way to start off a fun celebration, which ended with a post-ceremony dessert party. Danni has shared all the details below, so I hope you’ll enjoy this glimpse inside a beautiful day as much as I did. Thanks to Danni and Nick for sharing their photos, taken by & .
Before we dive into the wedding (which continues after the jump), there is a summary of this week’s content below. Have a wonderful weekend, and I’ll see you on Monday (with some pictures of our new apt.)! xo, grace
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- New Column! Treasure Hunting: Keys
- Must-Read Posts of the Week: Stockholm Design Fair: Greenhouse (Part 1), Stockholm Design Fair: Chandelier Installation, Stockholm Design Fair: The Big Kids, Very Special News: Welcome to the Team, Amy!, Current Obsessions: (Mostly) Grown-up Grace
- Interviews: D*S on Heritage Radio: The Food Seen
- New City Guide: Winnipeg City Guide
- Biz Ladies: Strategies for Stellar Email Marketing
- Living In: Bonnie and Clyde
- Sneak Peeks: Anna Campà & Gerard Calm of Zoo Studio, Morgane of Les Composantes, Sarah Bedford & Alan Hill
- DIY Projects: Botanical Silhouette Paper Art
- Before & Afters: Chris’s Cabinet + Media Console, Elsa’s Bedroom + Elise’s Fireplace Nook, Patrick’s Chairs + Libby’s Bench
- What’s in Your Toolbox: Julia Turshen
- Simply Color: Jen Altman
- In the Kitchen With: Molly Hatch’s Spaetzle
- Flowers A to Z: G is for Gladiola Lily (History and Care)
- Sewing 101: Stuffed Hearts
- Small Measures with Ashley: Making Cold Frames (for Plant Growing) from Old Window Frames
- Misc.: Magma Fireplace, More/Real Stylus Cap at Kickstarter , Modern-Twist Studio Trivetz, Simple Winter Luxuries + Stylish Kitchen Gadgets, City Towels by Brian Everett, Viola Park, Culinary Tool Chart
CLICK HERE for the rest of Danni and Nick’s wedding after the jump!
Image above: Cake bunting by
Image above: For their wedding favors, the couple sent guests home with boxes filled with mini-Bundt cakes. Danni designed the tags, and the calligraphy was done by her friend . They tied each box with lace and included a wood fork
Image above: They had a lounge area with vintage furniture rented from . Danni’ s father also built a photo wall for the guests to take pictures.
Image above: The welcome table. When guests arrived, they took a fan (according to Danni, it was a HOT day!) a button and a program, and then signed the Polaroid guest book.
Image above: Simple silver wedding bands.
Image above: Danni’s wooden engagement ring made by Nick.
Image above: Test tubes and bottles hanging from trees along with succulents and lots of dry flowers. All the flowers and lace decorations were made by Danni’s friend !
Image above: The couple had a dessert table with mini doughnuts, madeleines, cinnamon rolls, brownies, and Bundt cake! They had vintage plates stacked for the guests to use.
Image above: Danni’s dress was vintage and borrowed from her friend .