Ever since the late 1940’s, when Ingvar Kamprad began selling flat-packed furniture under the name IKEA, the world has been absolutely hooked on the company’s accessible brand of Modernism. Today, one would be hard-pressed to find a home without at least one piece of IKEA furniture or a closet that doesn’t have one of their iconic blue and yellow totes tucked away inside. Our own homes tours frequently showcase products from the Swedish homegoods store, ingeniously reinvented for practically any style. Whether you grew up tagging along with your parents on weekend IKEA jaunts or you turned to the store for your first apartment, it seems that everybody has an IKEA story to share. Because of this, we thought it would be fun to comb through our archives to find some of our favorite examples of IKEA at home. Check out all of them, our own festive picks and a Swedish inspired drink recipe, after the jump!
Image above: Priscilla Tan and her husband Roland’s Singapore bedroom is airy and bright. Duvet cover and bed linens are IKEA .
This post was created in collaboration with . Their selection of holiday and celebration essentials are an important part of family gatherings! #showusyourIKEA
2 tablespoons (lingonberry syrup from IKEA)
2 cups Sparkling Water or Seltzer
Tips on making the best ice cream soda from Anton Nocito, founder of ., an all-natural soda syrup company located in Brooklyn.
- Start with a tall, frosty glass – a footed, tulip-shaped soda glass works best, if you have it.
- Measure 3 or 4 tablespoonfuls of your favorite syrup and drizzle it down the sides of the glass.
- Slowly pour in the seltzer to about 3 fingers below the top.
- Take a good-sized scoop of your favorite ice cream and secure it on the rim by pressing the ball of ice cream down firmly, and only releasing it from its scoop when it’s halfway sunk and anchored. This will leave a gap into which the foam can expand.
- Serve with a bendy straw and a long-handled spoon. For extra authenticity, add a dollop of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
Here are our festive IKEA team holiday favorites!
Image above: 1. | 2. | 3. | 4. | 5. 6. | 7.
Image above: 1. | 2. | 3. labo Toy Car | 4. | 5. | 6. y
Image above: 1. | 2. | 3. | 4. | 5. | 6. | 7.