As we wrap up this week’s posts and get ready to head out for the weekend, I’m excited to launch a new #DSHashtag challenge! I don’t know how we’ll top last month’s 8,000+ entries, but I’m hoping that this subject, a favorite of mine, will be inspiring to anyone who likes to document beautiful surfaces and materials.
This month’s theme is #DSTexture! Whether you’re photographing beautifully aged paint, thick swoops of paint on a canvas or details of embroidery and rugs, upload the lovely textures you see in your daily life online and hashtag them #DSTexture and we’ll share our favorites here next month! Until Monday, have a wonderful weekend! xo, grace
[Photos above: Christian Lacroix for Designers Guild and ]
- . Well done, This American Life. If you’ve ever dealt with trolls or internet negativity, this is a must-listen.
- If you’re not watching Broad City, . It’s the best show on TV. And there’s a pretty amazing apartment (and great indie artwork) in this season’s set design!
- This video of might be the best thing ever put on tape. Ice cream forever!
- I love this . That red door is fantastic.
- ? Sign me up, please.
- Remember ? A blast from the past, courtesy of Edward Gorey.
- . Thank you, Gardenista. I needed these tips.
- I love this article Sandra Harris wrote on how for mastery.
- Essays: 50 Shades of Grey: COPYING & CREDITING
- Must-Reads: Our downstairs bathroom and kitchen makeovers!, Home Ec: How to Cure Common Odors Around the House, Laura Carlin’s new animal tiles are so cool!, Living In: Big Eyes, Hilarious keytags for your favorite keyholders, Hellen McCullagh paintings.
- Sneak Peeks: A condo for two in Toronto, A 1900s farmhouse in Rosendale, NY, Anna Potter’s Sheffield Home, Studio Tour: Kieran Kinsella,
- Before & Afters: A genius air-conditioner coverup, Our kitchen and downstairs bathroom makeover upstate!
- Recipes: Italian doughnut holes for Carnevale!
- City Guides: 24 Hours in Nashville, TN
- Life & Business: The Importance of Diversification, Profile: Ellen Weldon
- DIY Projects: DIY Valentine’s Zine, Beaded Coasters