As fall works its way into our lives and we say hello to the richer red, orange and golden flowers of the season, I find myself in that bittersweet space of not quite wanting to let go of warm summer days, but being excited to welcome crisp autumn mornings. The one thing that’s made me happiest about embracing fall (aside from being able to put our air conditioning units away and get our windows back) is the wealth of gorgeous fall foliage and flowers in the #DSFloral hashtag challenge. Not since the color challenge of early last year have I seen so many entries in such a short time. In less than two weeks there have been almost 6,000 entries on alone and each one of them reminds me that cooler weather brings a whole new array of flowers and colors to love. So if you need a little pick-me-up to embrace the changing season, to check out all of the amazing entries from our community so far. I’m packing up and heading out for a little fresh air today, so until Monday, have a safe and happy weekend! xo, grace
Image above by @ via @
- I love this piece on Mic. about .
- is going on my wishlist right now. All hail, Grace Jones.
- I love these colorful, (via This is Colossal).
- looks amazing and I am so excited to back it. More awesome print, please!
- Can we talk about ? What a stunning photo, what an incredible talent.
- I’m so excited that a story that began terribly is ending with a .
- Fine Art Focus: Carolina Gimeno Jewelry, Mickalene Thomas, Lorna Simpson
- DIY: Watercolor Thank You Cards
- Food and Drink: Miyoko Schinner’s Vegan Chocolate Cake, Brownies and Butter-less Butter
- City Guide: 24 Hours in San José and Escazú, Costa Rica
- Life & Business Profiles: Artist Sadie Barnette, Ouigi Theodore of The Brooklyn Circus, AL Malonga, Anishka and Niya of Ishka Designs
- Interiors: An Australian home for a creative couple, A light and lively SF home, An Eagle Rock home for an actress and an analyst, A modern ranch in Phoenix, A slice of France in Minneapolis
- Before & After: The little NoPo farmhouse yard renovation