Feelings. We all have them. Some are great, others suck, but there’s no denying how much beauty lies in our ability to feel things — both good and bad. This past week or so has been filled with highs and lows — some of which I can speak to personally, some we’ve experienced as a team, and surely, oodles of which were felt in all of our respective lives.
As I went about creating today’s Monday Mood post as I normally do — by gathering a bunch of stuff that inspires, intrigues or evokes an emotion from me as I go about my week, and then trying to find a pattern or theme — I was stumped to find an obvious theme. That was until I realized everything I had pulled, pinned or saved from the week didn’t look related on paper, but each photo, song, video etc. gave me some strong feels, and/or literally embodied something tangibly feel-y in nature (which was only amplified by Mother’s Day yesterday). Feelings have the power to shape our day, make us see things in a new light, and can set the tone for an entire week, month, or year. This week’s post celebrates feelings of all kinds, from video/audio of stormy crashing waves at the beach that will give chills, to a dreamy velvet sofa and moody paint colors, to a new design podcast that dives into all kinds of feelings.
- Songs are definitely one of the most powerful ways to convey emotions, and on my playlist recently is and .
- While on the topic of music, I’d be remiss if I didn’t include Drake’s new album which dropped last week. It will surely satisfy your need for everything from emotional R&B, to hip-hop, to dance hall. If you haven’t enjoyed it yet, buy it and listen now.
- and the ocean meeting earth will give you all the feels.
- Braille, waves, diamonds — if you can’t remove wallpaper in your home, or want to create a feature wall, will do the trick.
- I can’t talk about feelings without linking to some awesome-feeling, velvet furniture pieces. I love this (formerly Bryght), IKEA’S , and this .
- Vanessa Vandy’s short film is all about living to the fullest and celebrating that life is happening today, so take a moment to enjoy it.
- I think we’re going to see more and more art that combines something tangible with something printed or painted, much like .
- created by Director featuring Missy Franklin is perfect for Mother’s Day (and I’ll be the first to admit it made me cry).
- Design Milk recently launched a podcast titled “Clever” and their most recent episode features on everything from Trading Spaces and Prince to divorce, intuition, and being a mother.
- I love that just uses paint.
- Exploring the many facets of being female, VSCO launched , a dynamic community that aims to discover and celebrate inspiring and honest ladies who strive to express themselves.
- Some of my best-loved Instagram feeds are my favorite because they convey a nice amount of mood and emotion. Worth mentioning are , , , and (AKA Local Milk).