As much as I love a gallery wall (and I do), these days my heart really belongs to large-scale artwork. Maybe it’s something about the simplicity of one huge piece or the way that it doesn’t require me to get super precise with a ruler and measuring, but large-scale artwork is my jam right now. The only catch is that it often comes with a higher price tag- especially when you add a frame to the equation.
Thankfully Eva and the Sycamore Street Press crew have come to my rescue with a new collection of that you can print at your local copy shop. Even in color, all of these prints (after printing) still come out to be $30 or under, so they’re a great value for anyone looking to spiff up their walls without doing too much damage to their bank account. The artwork comes with a fascinating back story, too. Prop stylist and interior designer, , found a series of antique paintings at her family’s home in Germany and curated this selection to be available as printable posters at the Sycamore Street Press site. If you’re looking for something new for your wall (my tip: try DIY–ing your own frame like we did to save some $$!) click to check out the full collection online. Until Monday, have a great weekend! xo, grace
- Liz Libre’s at Cup of Jo is one of the prettiest Brooklyn spaces I’ve seen in a long time. And that’s a borough with some major competition.
- I can’t get enough of the wonderfully whacky retro picks over at the . These two are the best.
- I think I need in my life.
- I also think I’m ready for a that says “Julia”. Very modern Grease to me.
- If you need some inspiration to take a big leap with patterned wallpaper, look no further than this week.
- This Remodelista post pretty much sums up my style these days: .
- These (recipe) are my new everything. Delicious, full of texture and great flavor.
- Must-Read: Trend Watch: Flamingos are Flocking, Free Desktop Wallpapers by Barbra Ignatiev
- Interiors: An Illinois Home Proves Keeping Your Eye on the Prize Pays Off, Jessica Biel & Co.’s Kid-Friendly Restaurant Au Fudge
- Before & After: A Modern Japanese Garden in North London
- DIY: DIY Pressed Flower Wall Art
- City Guide: Portland, Oregon
- Design History: Ray Eames
- Decorating: 12 Times a Pink Sofa Made the Room, 11 Beautiful Large-Scale Photographs for Any Space, Why Mirrors Will Always Be Impactful in Design, Part 1
- Recipes: Gabriel Cabrera’s Super-Fudgy Dairy-Free Ice Cream
- Life & Business: Making Your Passions Profitable with Renae Bluitt, 10 Tips to Get Your Products Featured in Magazines’ Holiday Gift Guides, How Being Kind To Yourself Can Increase Your Success with Laura Novak Myer, How To Effectively Tackle Your To-Do List + a DIY To Help Make It Less Painful