Like Grace mentioned last week, it’s a great time for books. Not only are we looking forward to Grace’s book tour and the launch of In the Company of Women in a few weeks, we’re also stocking up on all of the new releases from amazing women in all areas of lifestyle and design. One undeniable favorite from the last few weeks is full of shapes, lines and repeating patterns. Surface designer Rebecca Atwood’s first book has been an immediate hit and it’s no surprise why.
When Rebecca Atwood’s book, came in the mail a few weeks ago, I couldn’t put it down. Her expertise as a surface and pattern designer is conveyed in the most approachable, friendly and practical tone. Everything around me felt instantly too boring, plain and solid. Pattern therapy has helped. Rebecca’s love and appreciation for prints and patterns is contagious and everyone is catching it. Living With Pattern is filled with inspirational images of real homes and rooms layered in various scales, colors and materials of pattern. The book cover will already lend itself to adding more depth and interest to your bookshelf or coffee table with its design. Hopefully you’ve picked up a copy for yourself but if not, . –Lauren
- Watch Out: . If you haven’t been following along on their new video series, go back and catch up on this interior design firm’s fun, informative and beautiful work. This week’s project is a farmhouse-meets-hamptons style home.
- Honest Hustle: Iva Pawling, CEO of , talks about the integrity, hard work and family-balance needed to build a business without losing yourself in the process on .
- The Blues: Ginny McDonald of Emily Henderson’s design team shared this week. Blue, brown, white and brass have never looked more sophisticated.
- Tech Tricks: The new iPhone upgrade comes with the ability to add storage without deleting photos. to keep the “Not Enough Storage” messages from our photo apps.
- Guest Prep: The Makerista’s insight on is lovely and approachable.
- Break the Walls: I love about natural and normal beauty. Timely, beautiful and inclusive.
- Must-Reads: Book Preview: Urban Jungle: Living & Styling with Plants, 5 Simple Tips for De-Stressing, A Home Designed for Family in Wisconsin
- DIY Projects: DIY Bundle-Dyed Table Runner, A Freeform DIY That Combines Traditional Florals & Abstract Patterns
- Beauty + Self-Care: The Beauty of Self-Care: Lesson 2 – Purpose
- Food + Drink: In the Kitchen With: Ronni Lundy’s Kale Potato Pancakes
- Decorating: 15 Stylish Kitchen + Tabletop Finds at Food52, 11 Outdoor Rugs at Hayneedle, 15 Unexpected Wallpapers for Fall
- Life & Biz: What’s in Your Toolbox: Elizabeth Heidinga
- Interiors: Cabin Life in the Heart of Helsinki, Studio Tour: Iqrup + Ritz, In Pittsburgh, a Victorian Home for Collecting and Entertaining, A Vibrant, Playful Home for a Creative Family in Indianapolis