is happiness and love personified. I’ve had the absolute pleasure and honor of having her as a trusted friend for a long time and having her story — and advice — as a part of In the Company of Women means more to me than I can possibly describe. So it seemed only right to close out this week (our pub week!) with her quote from the book. One that reminds me, and everyone reading, to be brave, be strong and be yourself. You are already exactly who and what you need to be to be successful.
Today I’m in Austin, TX (!) for the book tour and as I head into the weekend, my mind is awash in thanks for all of the amazing people that have been a part of this book coming to life. Thank you to all of you reading for supporting this project and for picking up a copy for yourself, your friends, your family and loved ones. This project means more to me than anything else I’ve done in my work life so far and I am so proud and so thrilled to have it out in the world today. If you want to pick up a copy, or join us on the book tour, CLICK HERE to find the links you need to purchase either. xo, grace
- Not Simply Sequins: Artist intricate tapestries carry a socially-conscious message more relevant today than ever. Her timely pieces at the last two EXPO Chicago art shows have blown me away.
- Adaptive Clothing: Kudos to Mindy Scheier of and Tommy Hilfiger for launching a line of childrenswear for those differently-abled.
- An Interior Upgrade: holds onto its heritage while still feeling fresh and functional thanks to a load of upgrades.
- Back to School with Attitude: Our very own proves that getting back to basics doesn’t mean simple or boring.
- Summer Send-Off Cooking: recipe is bookmarked and ready for when I finally (and reluctantly) say “Adios!” to summer.
- Menswear Through the Ages: Forever relive LACMA’s fabulous menswear retrospective with , the new coffee table book capturing all the looks from the recent exhibition.
- Must-Reads: Turning Design “Mistakes” Into Lessons Learned, Inspiring Words from In the Company of Women: Bethany Yellowtail, Inspiring Words from In the Company of Women: Janet Mock, Inspiring Words from In the Company of Women: Sheila Bridges, Inspiring Words from In the Company of Women: Mary Going, Inspiring Words from In the Company of Women: Kate Bornstein
- Shopping: 6 Super Cute Carry-On Luggage Options
- Food + Drink: In the Kitchen With: Meike Peters’ Pretzel Buns and Obatzda
- DIY: A Patterned-Filled Halloween with Waverly Inspirations
- Interiors: A Classical Townhouse in Belgium Gets a Modern Makeover, Our Favorite Homes that Mix Patterns Together in One Space, A Jewelry Designer’s Serene Home in Salt Lake City, 11 New Fall TV Shows with Great Sets, A Family Home in Texas Layered with History & Vintage Finds, Our Favorite Interiors in Seattle, WA