Earlier this week, I posted a picture of as part of a larger move to educate myself on social issues in America about which I’d like to know more. My little reading stack included a , books on and history, and books about and (as well as a fun look at the musical ). I was overwhelmed by the positive response and recommendations for great reading and was overjoyed to see that one reader, Jessica Nichols, funneled most of the comment suggestions into an (You can also plug any of those names into to find local shops to support with your purchase).
So I thought I’d turn this into an informal book club where those of us interested can examine the connection between historical, social and political movements and how they affect home and feelings of comfort and belonging. If you want to join in, check out our and feeds where I’ll be opening up for which book we should read this month and discuss online together before the end of the year. Here’s to learning more about each other and finding ways to connect and grow together. xo, grace
*Image above is
BEST OF THE WEB 11/18
- If you’d like to speak up and give support to marginalized people in America whose human rights may be at risk soon, for talking to your local reps is a great resource.
- November is Diabetes Awareness Month, so I shared over at Instagram. Hint: it involves a lot of needles.
- If you’re not big on cooking and want to help out at Thanksgiving this year (or just bring together new friends for conversation and understanding), you can make for the holidays (all meat-free).
- These look like a nice way to start the weekend.
- I am next year. Hopefully it will kick off 2017 on a positive note.
- I’m ready to embrace color again in a big way. with something vibrant.
BEST OF D*S 11/18
- Must-Reads: 10 Women I Look Up To and Why, DIY Crepe Paper Tiger Lilies, Vintage Fashion & Jewelry on EBTH + Last Chance $500 Giveaway
- Beauty + Self-Care: The Beauty of Self-Care: Lesson 8 – Vulnerability + Gratitude
- Food + Drink: Irvin Lin’s Chocolate-Cinnamon Babka, Two Thanksgiving Inspired DIYs with Waverly Inspirations, 10 National Organizations to Follow on Instagram, 10 DIYs For A Simply Stunning Thanksgiving Table
- Decorating + Products: 12 Ways to Display and Enjoy Artwork at Home, 10 Perfect Pink Bedrooms, 10 Dining Spaces Made for Making Memories, Evergreen: 11 Greens to Carry You Through Winter
- Interiors: A Vintage Collector’s Treasure-Filled Home in Salt Lake City, Design Updates Help a Victorian Cottage Swing Into This Century, 10 Charming London-Based Interiors, A Montana Home That Honors the Journey