Earlier this week we, and many others, got over two feet of snow in one day. The rest of the week was filled with fits and spurts of snow shoveling and creating runs for the dogs to make their way through the yard (which is now filled with solid snow drifts taller than they are). The monotonous sea of snow-on-snow is getting to me, so I find myself craving COLOR and pattern in a major way. Enter: the incredible design work of British-Nigerian designer, .
Inspired by the unnecessary waste he saw in European and West African consumer cultures, Yinka decided to create something beautiful with furniture and found objects that had been discarded. Upcycling and finding ways to reuse and re-celebrate things that have been tossed aside is near and dear to our hearts at D*S, so these pieces are just the jolt of excitement that the winter blues are calling for. Click to check out more of his work online or to check out more on Instagram. xo, grace
- Woah! (my beloved publishing alma mater) is back! Well… sort of. I’m very excited about the team they’ve assembled.
- This piece on at One Kings Lane is a nice reminder that paint has so much power to change a space.
- The in this winery is pretty darn dreamy.
- I’m so excited about . Hooray for more women on the air!
- This on an Australian home at Design Files is FANtastic.
- All of the are a masterclass in using muddy (in a good way) neutrals to great effect.
- Thank you to to talk about design, activism and what I’ve learned in 13 years of blogging.
- Inspiration: A Stained Glass Artist Creates A Mini Refuge, 13 Moments of Sparkle and Shine, Let’s Talk About Pom Poms, The President’s Kitchen Cabinet by Adrian Miller
- To Eat: Donal Skehan’s Quinoa, Pea and Zucchini Cakes
- Life & Business: Agatha Achindu of Yummy Spoonfuls
- Interiors: Little King: Where the Bar’s Gilded, but the Vibe’s Casual, A Stained Glass Artist Creates A Mini Refuge, The Colorful New Chapter of a Charming Victorian, A Melbourne, Australia Home for Creative Collectors
- Before & After: A Hands-On Renovation to Welcome Twins in Tacoma, WA
- DIY: 3 Kid-Friendly DIYs for your Snow Day Craft Arsenal