This Mother’s Day is the first one with in-laws for me. What’s been most eyeopening for me this last year with my mother-in-law is how many different ways there are to be a mother. The way she raised my husband and his siblings is starkly different than the way my mother did things. They couldn’t be less alike but they both raised sets of kids that are compassionate, hardworking and creative. As much pressure as there is (in person and online) to be the best mom in the world, it’s pretty evident to me that the best moms are the ones that use their unique experiences, skill sets and love to impact the lives of their children for good, despite what the latest trending articles say. Happy Mother’s Day to all moms of all kinds, from Design*Droits-Humains. –Lauren
and image above by .
- The gorgeous prints from Rebecca Atwood’s fabric line have just gotten even more covetable with .
- made me want to dig through my own box of photos and appreciate my mom’s early 80s mullet and love for her punk band.
- gives us all a feeling of relief to know we can just head to the store and buy whichever fresh berries look best.
- This is a must-see. I need it.
- Interior designer Corinne Gilbert gives her for decorating like a Parisian.
- I loved this piece from Darling Magazine about being intentional to encourage in our lives.
- Interiors: An Ever-Changing Abode Built for Entertaining, Check Mate: Our Favorite Checkered Floors, What Becoming a Parent Taught Me About Design & Control
- Before & After: A Garage Becomes a Home Closer to Grandma, A Backyard Balcony Gets a Makeover for Summer Sunsets
- Decorating: Making the Most of the Space You Have with Florist Whit McClure, 10 Essential Sites & Apps for the DIY Renovator, 16 Reasons to Love Painted Wainscoting
- In the Kitchen With: The Easiest Mother’s Day Pound Cake
- Shop Tour: 15 Shop Spaces that Put Red to Work, Hey Rooster General Store in Nashville, TN