As summer gets closer and more and more of us are spending time outdoors, I’m keeping an eye out for great new street and outdoor installations that bring beautiful art and design to public spaces. One of my favorite projects happening right now is part of Providence, Rhode Island’s , where local artist Rebecca Volynsky has created a gorgeous mural, called Cultivate, Then Bloom, that crosses several different neighborhoods.
Rebecca’s installation was inspired by botanical artwork, Russian folk art and modern mixed media. While the work will fade, the pieces are meant to convey the timelessness of memories and inspiration that comes from them. You can read more about Rebecca’s work online or check these pieces out in person if you’re in the Providence area! Until Monday, have a safe and happy weekend. xo, grace
- Kites-a-plenty: I love this peek inside the .
- Marble patterns: These are so luxe, but would be fun to recreate on a budget using peel-and-stick tiles.
- Green-ish Thumb: This piece at Gardenista on is a great read for easing into summer. Because everyone should own an oxalis…
- Read Away: I love Girls at the Library. is so great. “Some of my first memories are of reading, or more accurately, of feelings that were brought on by books.”
- Nom Nom: This looks so good — and perfect for summer meals.
- Abroad: I’m living vicariously through . Oh, those shaped hedges!
- Inspiration: 10 Illustrators to Follow on Instagram, Highlights from the 2017 National Stationery Show
- Life & Work: The Difference Between Inspiration & Imitation by Adam JK, Good Reads (& Re-Reads) To Enjoy Any Time of Year
- Interiors: A Little Cottage on the Prairie, A Creative Soul Thrifts Her Way to a Memorable Home
- Decorating: 18 Wonderful Wicker Chairs, 10 Sliding Barn Doors We Love