Sometimes when big vacations aren’t in the budget, I like to travel via photograph. While scrolling through someone’s Instagram feed isn’t quite the same as actually dipping your toes in the sand, it certainly can lift your spirits for a moment to wade through pictures of citrus-y drinks, bathing suits and striped cabanas.
There’s a certain color palette I associate with summer vacations (melon-inspired pinks and peaches, sunshine yellow and aqua blue) and thanks to the , I’ve been able to live in that “beach trip” frame of mind for a few minutes a day. Tropico is the creative partnership of Michelle Norris and Forrest Aguar. After studying photography at the University of Georgia, Michelle and Forrest moved to Atlanta, where they live with their dog Taco. Their work reminds me of the perfect summery drink: colorful, fresh, bubbly and full of life. From their travel photography to their client work, Michelle and Forrest manage to capture so many beautiful colors and compositions at just the right moment. So today I’m sharing some of my favorites to inspire a little virtual summer break. You can check out more of their work on Instagram and at their website. Until Monday, have a wonderful weekend! xo, Grace
- Art @ Home: I have a soft spot for artists’ studio tours. is lovely.
- Wide Plank: are the stuff of my home dreams. Hello, bare feet and cool summer floors.
- Color Heaven: This quirky, colorful is awesome.
- Pattern Outside: I love these .
- Evolution: I am so so in love with the direction in which . Wow.
- Editor’s Letters: Balancing Silence + Action and Creating Safe Spaces
- Life & Work: What I Wish I’d Known Before Starting Design*Droits-Humains
- Design From A to Z: R is for (Area) Rugs, Q is for Queen Anne Style
- Interiors: In France, an Antique Dealer’s Atelier on Wheels, In the Netherlands, a Houseboat Offers Colorful Living on the Water, A Chic Portland Bungalow with a Boutique Hotel Vibe
- Food & Recipes: A Lovely Kinda-Niçoise Salad + Giveaway
- Desktop Wallpaper Downloads: Ionut Radulescu’s Day 6 and 7 designs!